Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Haiku of frustration

The pain in my ass.....
Why do I talk to these dense
Libertarians?

Seriously. I know it's good to get out and encounter different views- in some cases so as to refine your own views, in some cases in the interest of "know thine enemy", in some cases just for the sake of getting out for human contact. But, really, now. I have to wonder why I do this to myself, this trying to engage in reasoned argument or debate with some people is truly futile. Possibly they work for the aspirin company and are paid a hefty wage as Headache Farmers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "headache farmers". Makes me wonder about some of our patrons. I wonder if they get a commission for driving people to drink.

I have Libertarians in my family. I try very hard not to discuss politics with them because otherwise they are fine people.

Anonymous said...

I like your Haiku. Beautiful.
~Mrs. M